Skip to main content

Dwarfs on the March!

Ever since I pulled the trigger on the decision to go to WargamesCon 2013, I've been hard at work painting up my Dwarf army. I'm beyond excited to pit my belly-draggers against some of the best Warhammer players in the country.

I'm getting close to completion with about 20 or so models left to paint. I'm giving them a fairly decent paint job, nothing Golden Demon or Crystal Brush level, but a nice paint job that I'm not ashamed of. I could just slap the minimum three colors on the model and call it good, but I'm always a believer that neatness counts.


The core of my army is a 50 man hoard of scouting unit of Long beards with great weapons. These guys will set up within 12" of my enemy and charge in ASAP. My Anvil of Doom will allow me to charge in the movement phase (I still can't go first, scout, then charge) and really put a hurt on anything they run into.




Here is my Battle Standard Bearer (BSB), a half-painted miner musician, and another long beard who's painted, but resting while waiting for a base. I love giving dwarfs red noses.




Lastly, you can see the bulk of the army. The black spaces on the movement trays represent the models I still need to paint, along with most of the shields for the long beards. I'm also working on the rune priest and crew for the Anvil of Doom. If I have time between moving to the new house and the hours I'm expecting at work, I'm going to try to make a battlefield scenic base for the tea tray. Neatness counts and there is a painting score and I want to get as many points as I can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...