Skip to main content

More FAQs from Games Workshop!

GW FAQs and Eratta on the Black Library site

Chaos Daemons and Dark Angels have a couple of things cleared up.

Tomorrow I'm playing in a 2,000 point 40k tournament with my White Scars. The tourney is the grand finale to our 12 week on league (or just a regular tournament if you haven't played in the league.)

Here's my list: mono White Scars

Captain - Bike, thunder hammer, storm shield, digital weapons, Strategic Warlord Trait
Command Squad: Bikes, 4 storm shields, 2 grav guns, 2 melta guns, apothecary

Librarian - Level 2 (taking telepathy.)

7 Bikes - 2 grav guns, melta bomb
7 Bikes - 2 grav guns, melta bomb
7 Bikes - 2 grav guns, melta bomb
10 Tactical Squad - plasma gun, lascannon, melta bomb

1 Dreadnought - Multi-melta, heavy flamer, Drop Pod

Land Speeder - Typhoon missile launcher, heavy bolter
Land Speeder - Typhoon missile launcher, heavy bolter

5 Devastator Squad - 4 missile launchers, 4 flack missiles
3 Devastator Centurions - Grav-cannons, Missile Launchers, Omniscope

This, or a variation of this list has served me very well during the regular league. Some might scoff at the dreadnought, but I find the disruption he adds to the list by starting in the backfield takes a lot of heat off the bikes and allows them to get into shooting range.

Also, I could split my force and get some of the same models by taking a second allied detachment, but the purist in me won't allow that kind of shenanigans. It could also be the pride of the White Scars.

I've had mixed success taking the Khan as my warlord. The scout move is nice, but it often backfires or is worthless when I play Necrons who teleport, or Orks and their damn trukks. A regular Captain with command squad or Chapter master, has worked much better for me and helps remind me that this is still a shooty army and not an assault army.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...