Skip to main content

My Last Three 40k Games

In my last three 40k games, I played some of the best players in our area and I went 2-1; almost 3 for 3 with my Grey Knights.

In a game against Marshall - who may be one of the best 40k players I know, I nearly tabled him on Thursday in a Maelstrom mission. I had a few units left, and he was down to a Space Wolf drop pod and an Iron Hands captain with one wound. The final score was 8-7 in Marshall's favor and one more turn might have won me the game.

In my first game this afternoon, Jim and his Eldar conceded the game at the top of turn 4. I was picking up an average amount of Maelstrom points but I was rolling well to wound. Jim's dice were very unkind and he was getting rightfully frustrated. He doesn't seem to like it, but his deepstriking falcons with Dire Avenger passengers is a nasty, nasty unit.

I played Jesse and his Harlequins in my third game and tabled him in turn 6 or 7. I was rolling hot on my Maelstrom mission points, but he hung in there with a solitaire and another troupe shredding to ribbons everything they ran against. At one point, the solitaire used his special ability to run 24 inches, then charge another 11 inches into a 5-man strike squad. I actually put two wounds on the guy with overwatch but all of the brother knights were dead before they could swing.

I've had a harder time this league than the past league but my luck really turned around lately and it was nice to play well against some of our best players. I know this sounds like bragging - and it probably is a little, but I'm getting solid results with the Grey Knights.

I've been playing a strict CAD with three dreadknights or two dreadknights and a stormraven. The third dreadknight is really tough for my opponents to handle and it doesn't make me many friends but I'm not fielding Dragio any just a single Librarian in the HQ. No other named characters, no named wargear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

White Scars Scouts

Due to their habit of breaking into song, these White Scars scouts often find themselves regulated to guarding armored assets during the battle, preventing enemy infiltration to the back line.  #28mm #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #whitescars #in28 #paintingwarhammer40k #paintingwarhammer #warhammercommunity #new40k #spacemarines #astartes