Skip to main content

Tanks-Giving

I'm playing in my LCS's annual "Tanks-Giving" Warhammer 40k tournament this weekend. It's a 2,500 point tournament with bonuses for bringing as many vehicles and monstrous creatures as possible.

I'm not sure how it will do, but I have 21 "vehicles." I could probably builder a nastier list but I enjoy the fun my drop pod army combined with some regular marines. I've never fielded the Storm Wing before, so we'll see if gaining strafing run is worth 460 points of flyers that I might not normally field.

Also, with the release of the new formations from the Damocles Kauyon book, my White Scars may be taking the field again (luckily on I only repainted one unit as Alpha Legion.) My "40k" marines will be Scars and my 30k list will likely change to Salamanders because it really fits my playstyle better and the Alpha Legion rules require smaller units and a lot more rhinos.

Here's my list:

Space Marines (Combined arms detachment)

Techmarine (120pt.)
               
Contemptor Dreadnought (185pt.) Multimelta

5x - Tactical Squad (120pt.)
Melta, Rhino

5x - Tactical Squad (120pt.)
Melta, Rhino

Drop Pod (35pt.) Storm bolter;  (for the Contemptor
               
Relic Sicaran Tank (175pt.) Lascanons

Storm wing

Stormraven Gunship (230pt.) Lascannons, Hurricane bolters
Stormtalon Gunship (115pt.)  assault cannon; Skyhammer missile launcher;
Stormtalon Gunship (115pt.) assault cannon; Skyhammer missile launcher;

Baal Strike Force

Librarian Dreadnought (220pt.)
 Drop Pod                

Librarian Dreadnought (220pt.)
Drop Pod
               
Death Company Dreadnought (170pt.)
Drop Pod

Furioso Dreadnought (170pt.)
Drop Pod

Furioso Dreadnought (170pt.)
Drop Pod            

Dreadnought (145pt.)
Drop Pod

5x - Scout Squad (60pt.)

5x - Tactical Squad (130pt.)
Rhino

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...