Skip to main content

Forgeworld: Win a Titan!


Forge World is holding a contest to win one of four titans! To enter, you have to spend £100 (about $150 USD) and write an essay naming your new titan in 400 words or less. A panel of judges will pick the four best stories and the winners will receive one of the following: a warhound, a reaver, or a warlord titan.

Since I bought my wife an engagement ring and two wedding bands, I almost had her convinced to buy me a Reaver titan in return. I told her it would be an invincible symbol of our love that would shield us from our enemies and everyone would be able to witness our unbeatable bond.

She didn't buy it.

Admittedly, I've been tempted to buy a warhound recently. I wouldn't play with it very often but it's possible to field it in the local tourneys, and there's a certain amount of prestige that comes with owning such a cool model. Of course, I would love to own any of the other titans but they are just so expensive that it's out of my gaming budget. I could sell off a couple of my painted armies and I might be able to pull enough cash together though...

Until then, I'm going to try to win one of the models from Forge World. Here's my story. I'm pretty pleased with my entry and my fingers are crossed. Wish me luck!

---

Alea Iacta Est meaning, "The dice has been cast," was the last titan to be fabricated before the Adaptus Mechanicus broke into civil war during the Schism of Mars in the early days of the Horus Heresy.

As the infected scrap-code of the traitorous Kelbor-Hal swept through the cities and foundries of the Mechanicum, the un-activated and un-named, "Alea iacta est," still moored in the assembly bay, was spared the effects of the initial digital attack during the "Death of Innocence."

As pandemonium and discord swept across the foundries and forge cities of Mars, surviving tech-priests, servitors, and engineers of the Collegia Titanica were able to enshrine a princeps and crew aboard the uncommissioned titan. Princeps Ansley Arenos and an adhoc crew worked at a feverous pace to make the giant ready for combat and bond Arenos with the machine spirit.

Traditional christening ceremonies and pomp were eschewed in favor of pressing the newly minted behemoth into combat. The colossal machine was painted simply in Legio Tempestus colors without personal heraldry of the pilot or crew. The weed of betrayal was spreading swiftly and with the enemy at the gate and little time to lose, the engineers of the Mechanicum made final preparations as the titan stood on the assembly line.

As traitor forces attacked suspected loyalist forges, heavy casualties were inflicted and confusion reigned. As systems on board the titan came alive, Princeps Arenos, received panicked communiqués from across the sporadically working vox network asking for aid and information during the opening hours of the Martian civil war. The first words spoken from the Throne Mechanicum by Princeps Arenos to fellow Titan commanders was, "The dice has been cast."

With those words, the giant war machine still warm from the forge, marched into the red dust of Mars to prosecute war against traitors of the Imperium. Fellow commanders dubbed the raw titan, “Alea Inacta Est” to honor prophetic statement from the rookie commander who rushed to their aid in hopes that fresh reinforcements may sway the tide of battle in their favor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...