Skip to main content

Fate of Konor

So far, I've played games in the first two weeks of the Fate of Konor campaign from Games Workshop. Unfortunately, I've let the Imperium down.



In my first game, I played Jim and his mostly Dark Eldar Ynnari in week 1. Jim was the attacker and had to get across the board so I deployed near the center line hoping to cut him off at the pass. Initially my plan worked and slaughtered most of his army, but I couldn't take down the Avatar or his Razorwing. They danced around and polished off my army in turn 6.

My mistake was deploying too close to the center with a gun line. I should have "stuck to my guns" and camped in the back. A turn more of dakka might have been the difference for me.





I played Kyle in week 2 and his Death Guard (before the new codex.)

I brought nearly the same army as before and I played a lot better. At the end of turn 6, Kyle had lost all of his army except two plague marines. I had only lost my infantry models but the way the points shook out, Kyle won because he had a unit left in his deployment zone. Oy!


We had a good laugh because that was one of those head-scratching wins but despite knocking out Typhus, the Astral Claws had to flee the battle field in shame and report to Lugft Huron about the loss.

What I learned is that the Salamanders chapter tactic is my favorite. I'm still working on my Sallies and they should be ready to hit the table top soon. I think the gun line with assault cannon razorbacks and redemptor dreadnoughts and perhaps some deepstriking termies should be part of my formula for victory.

I recently watched Duncan's Salamanders painting tip on GW's Youtube channel and gave it a try this weekend. It's so much better, cleaner, and faster than my method. I'm tempted to strip my 50+ painted models and start over using this method. Thank you, Duncan and your two thin coats.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

Turnip28 Miniature

  "Fine words butter no parsnips."