Skip to main content

Warhammer 40k Big FAQ 2018 2 is out!

Just like the title says, the Warhammer 40k Big FAQ 2018 2 is out!

You can download the FAQ from the Warhammer Community page HERE!


*The first big change is the change to Psychic focus. Except for smite, each psychic power can only be cast once! There goes my Ork "Da Jump" force ... Honestly, in the games I've played, smite is the biggest problem, not the other powers.

*Next the big change is to the tactical reserves. "Units that arrive as reinforcements must now wait until the second battle round to do so – they are reserves that arrive to reinforce your army mid-battle, not reinforce it before your opponent has had a chance to move any of their own models."

*Also, the amount of reserves is now limited by points, not the number of units.

*The advance deployment stratagems took a hit. Armies like Stygies VIII, Raven Guard, Alpha Legion get a pre-game 9" move instead of being able to deploy 9" away from an enemy. Personally, I think it should be a move and advance roll but I can live with not having all of these units in my face turn 1.

*Tactical Restraint - A new Beta Rule says you can only gain 1 Command Point per turn with an command point farming traits or relics. There are a few exceptions but you can have as many attempts to get a refund in your army as normally allowed, but once you receive a command point, you only get one back.

*Prepared Positions - Another Beta Rule that is a 2-point stratagem that gives the benefit of cover to all units wholly in your deployment zone during turn 1. Titanic units and units already receiving the benefit of cover do not gain the benefit. I think this will be spent by every player, every game. Maybe make it a 3-point stratagem?


The main rule book has a few changes as well. There aren't a lot of surprises but I think the biggest clarification is in the Q&A section about organized play.

It says that the same model from different codexes count as separate data sheets. For example, Daemon Princes are different if they come from codex Daemons, Thousand Sons, or Death Guard (thus three of each may be taken in your army.)

Also, the same stratagem from different codexes count as the same stratagem. For example, you can not play the "Veterans of the Long War" from Thousand Sons and from the Death Guard codex in the same phase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

White Scars Scouts

Due to their habit of breaking into song, these White Scars scouts often find themselves regulated to guarding armored assets during the battle, preventing enemy infiltration to the back line.  #28mm #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #whitescars #in28 #paintingwarhammer40k #paintingwarhammer #warhammercommunity #new40k #spacemarines #astartes