Skip to main content

Warhammer 40k Big FAQ 2018 2 is out!

Just like the title says, the Warhammer 40k Big FAQ 2018 2 is out!

You can download the FAQ from the Warhammer Community page HERE!


*The first big change is the change to Psychic focus. Except for smite, each psychic power can only be cast once! There goes my Ork "Da Jump" force ... Honestly, in the games I've played, smite is the biggest problem, not the other powers.

*Next the big change is to the tactical reserves. "Units that arrive as reinforcements must now wait until the second battle round to do so – they are reserves that arrive to reinforce your army mid-battle, not reinforce it before your opponent has had a chance to move any of their own models."

*Also, the amount of reserves is now limited by points, not the number of units.

*The advance deployment stratagems took a hit. Armies like Stygies VIII, Raven Guard, Alpha Legion get a pre-game 9" move instead of being able to deploy 9" away from an enemy. Personally, I think it should be a move and advance roll but I can live with not having all of these units in my face turn 1.

*Tactical Restraint - A new Beta Rule says you can only gain 1 Command Point per turn with an command point farming traits or relics. There are a few exceptions but you can have as many attempts to get a refund in your army as normally allowed, but once you receive a command point, you only get one back.

*Prepared Positions - Another Beta Rule that is a 2-point stratagem that gives the benefit of cover to all units wholly in your deployment zone during turn 1. Titanic units and units already receiving the benefit of cover do not gain the benefit. I think this will be spent by every player, every game. Maybe make it a 3-point stratagem?


The main rule book has a few changes as well. There aren't a lot of surprises but I think the biggest clarification is in the Q&A section about organized play.

It says that the same model from different codexes count as separate data sheets. For example, Daemon Princes are different if they come from codex Daemons, Thousand Sons, or Death Guard (thus three of each may be taken in your army.)

Also, the same stratagem from different codexes count as the same stratagem. For example, you can not play the "Veterans of the Long War" from Thousand Sons and from the Death Guard codex in the same phase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

RTT Tournament results!

  I played in a small RTT in Holton today and went 2-1, finishing 5th and beat one of the top players in our conference! (I sqeaked by with a 1-point victory...) I may have been able to beat my second opponent if had I made better selections for secondary objectives. In hindsight, I could have easily won but no matter how I plan for games on paper, there's no better teacher than experience.  I'm tuning up my list for the Bugeater Grand Tournament next month in Omaha and I think I'm getting close to my final list. It's not anything really nasty, but it's just solid, durable units. I'm digging it.