Skip to main content

Instagram Crossover

I've been spending more of my time on Instagram lately for my social media needs. I've been fixated on improving my painting skills, rather than writing or playing the game, and I've found that the simple act of taking photos and looking at the model not under my desk lamp has really helped my technique. Also, the feedback from painters of all skill levels has been very helpful and is pushing me to improve my craft.

Also, while airbrushing is a great skill, Darren Latham and Duncan Rhodes are my current luminary idols. Latham especially is fantastic at breaking down some steps and his delivery is hypnotic. That being said, here's a recent photo dump of some recent and ancient models in my "portfolio."

Is there an app that can cross post directly from Instagram to Blogger?


Astral claws
The Captain of my Astral Claws army, the Bastards of Badab, who usually strolls behind my vehicle line.


The Lieutenant of my Astral Claws army, the Bastards of Badab. He is mocked by his subordinates for rarely drawing his sword yet those same troopers appreciate the rerolls he orders when it's time to wound.

A Sergeant of my Astral Claws Tactical Marines.


The Sergeant of my Astral Claws terminators and his trusty power sword, Lion's Fang.

Armanneus Valthex, Master of the Forge of the Astral Claws. His conversion beamer has reduced many Xenos and Imperials alike to atoms.

Angelo Barbosa, Captain of the Flesh Tearers, bearer of the Angel's Wing relic. Feared lost in battle seven times from 049.M41 - Present.

Do you have a moment to talk about the Emperor?
My Chaplain that usually escorts my #deathcompany around the battlefield.


My tech priest engineseer is often my second command choice for my Adeptus Mechanicus army, the "Pilgrims of Erudition."


One of the brave warriors of the XVIII Legion. I followed Duncan's flame painting process from #warhammertv and I'm proud of my results.

+Sicarian Infiltrator+
+Designation: SD-DC1+
+Macroclade: Pilgryms of Erudition+

My token Mentors Legion trooper sent to advise on matters of warfare and technology. I thought having a few Mentors on hand is a good, fluffy way to proxy in a trooper in case a figure from my army gets lost at a tournament.


Ork Death Skull boy. Known for crumping, looting, reloading, and screaming. Ballistic skills, armor saves, and independence are irrelevant.


A very surprised looking Aggressor in my "Hellbenders" Salamanders army. "What do you mean I didn't get flamers?"


A good leader always stands behind his men ... for cover.

The Lieutenant of my Salamanders company, the Hellbenders.


An old hammer Salamander who has been fighting for decades in my collection.

"Into the fires of battle, into the anvil of war!"

+Unknown trooper designation+
+Skitarii Vanguard+
+Macroclade: Pilgryms of Erudition+

Space Marine Tech Marine. Conscripted to my White Scars, Astral Claws, Space Wolves, and Flesh Tearer armies.

Here's an updated pic of my Thor rune priest for my Space Wolf army. I've been tempted to repaint the model but I just have so much affection for this model.


The Heierophant for my #tombkings army for WHFB. He has new commands for my opponents to obey!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...