Skip to main content

9th Edition Struggles


My deathstar ready to take fire from a traitor Sisters of Battle force. 

The Apothecary is good but didn't pull his weight...

Except for the early days of 9th edition, I've been struggling to win games of Warhammer 40k - even with an overpowered Salamanders army. 

I've watched a ton of videos, read tips online, played almost weekly, but I still play rather weak-ly. My current group is rather small, but dedicated group of veteran and newbie players and in just not doing well against anyone. 

I'm trying to prep for the Las Vegas Open this January. I've been playing the hell out of my Salamanders in preparation but I've also considered my Wolves, my oldhammer Crimson Fists, or a new Custodes list of Allarus Custodians that splinters into individual, 1-man units through the Unleash the Lions stratagem. 

The recent Space Marine codex really beat up my favorite build of Salamanders that used scouts in my troop slots and Centurions as my primary damage dealers. The Centurions are now unplayable and Primaris marines are almost universally better than "first born" marines. I'm painting models like a madman, but I think assault intercessors maybe my best hope.

I also need to stop playing death stars and elite forces...

I should just accept that I'm a beer and pretzel player and stop going to tournaments. Although... I think I'd earn some cool points for bringing my Crimson Fists to the LVO and play with models older than the average player. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

White Scars Scouts

Due to their habit of breaking into song, these White Scars scouts often find themselves regulated to guarding armored assets during the battle, preventing enemy infiltration to the back line.  #28mm #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #whitescars #in28 #paintingwarhammer40k #paintingwarhammer #warhammercommunity #new40k #spacemarines #astartes