Skip to main content

Alpha Legion Test Model

I've always wanted to do a loyalist Alpha Legion army, and I did this test model to get it out of my system. The urge to repaint my silver and green marines is strong, especially after finding this shade of blue that I really enjoy. 

Alpha legion

The Alpha Legion Horus Heresy novels are some of my favorites in the series and I love their motivations for joining the side of the Warmaster. Their "wildcard" loyalties, their true mission, and their duplicitous tactics, coupled with their shadowy origins are all great fodder for any author to write real a page-turner beyond the bolter-porn of many 40k novels. You really can never predict how their stories will turn out or what secrets will be uncovered and that unpredictably keeps me hooked.

The "Trefoil" background shared with the Salamanders and Space Wolves also keeps fueling my urge for a playable Alpha Legion army. Having three armies with a common thread is desirable, but I can't articulate why I need or want that kind of continuity, but I have that desire. 

Maybe I'll shave my head and get a hydra tattoo. Maybe this single model will get it out of my system.

"I am Alpharius. For the Emperior!"

#miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #alphalegion40k #40kalphalegion #warhammercommunity #spacemarines40k #warhammerofficial #astartes 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

White Scars Scouts

Due to their habit of breaking into song, these White Scars scouts often find themselves regulated to guarding armored assets during the battle, preventing enemy infiltration to the back line.  #28mm #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #whitescars #in28 #paintingwarhammer40k #paintingwarhammer #warhammercommunity #new40k #spacemarines #astartes