Skip to main content

Midwest ConQuest Pics

The 2019 Midwest ConQuest has come and gone and I placed 44th and went a disappointing 2-3. 

In my second game, I played last year's winner, Richard Windau, and his optimized Tau list.

I embarrassed myself and deployed poorly, forgot rules/stats and may have been inadvertently snarky with him about using the chess clock. Richard wanted to use the chess clock (which was fine with me because I'm using AM) but he just asked me to remove a unit after rolling to hit but he hand't rolled  to wound yet. I said that since we were on the clock, he should roll to wound before I scoop my unit. Afterword, I felt kind of shitty about it because it's a bit of gamesmanship but another tournament goer said that I was fine in asking him to do so because he asked for a clock and it is in the rules to roll to wound.

Also, every time I go to a tournament and get whooped, I want to play that army. I've never wanted a Tau army until now...

In my small group of friends that play, only one is a really a tournament level player and I only got one warm-up game with him. However, having played six more actual tournament games is a great primer for the Bug Eater 2019 in Omaha this weekend.

Midwest ConQuest was a blast and I can't wait for next year! Omaha, I'm coming for you!



My forces versus the Death Guard!

adeptus custodes
My Adeptus Custodes Captains on Dawneagle Jetbikes give the business end of a lance to Death Crawlers.

Ultramarines, gulliman
Gulliman and the bearer of the Emperor's Ascendant Standard hiding in the backfield!

adeptus custodes
The combined might of Astra Militarum, Blood Angels, and Adeptus Custodes launching their attack!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

Turnip28 Miniature

  "Fine words butter no parsnips."