Skip to main content

Warhammer 40k Open War Battle Report


The enemy only saw the candle-like glow of Nocturnal eyes approaching in the darkness.  The Salamander company known as the Hellbenders launch a surprise night attack on a group of renegade Catachan, rendering their long-range firepower useless and catching them with their "guard" down. 

I got in game of 40k today with my "Hellbenders" Salamander army and played Open War instead of the usual ITC format. Since Warhammer 40k 8th edition is in the lame duck phase, Open War is a really fun way to cleanse the pallet.


We drew a deployment zone that had zero distance between armies and shooting was reduced to 12" total... I felt bad for my opponent Jim, and offered to let him redraw one of the cards since he was playing Astra Militarium and my army blitzes forward with flamers.  I felt like I had him on the back foot before the game started, but he thought it could be a good stress test. 


Deployment was simple, I put almost everything on the front line. Jim stacked his troops in layers to speed bump me... but I rolled a 6 for the first turn and it was a short game for the Imperial Guard... 


We got through my half of turn 2 and I had already killed most of his troops except for a blob of Bullgryns and I was smashing tanks with ease with my smash captain. 

Despite the landslide, we both had fun game and I still love Open War. 

#warhammer40k #openwar40k #salamanders #spacemarines #astramilitarum #catachan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

Turnip28 Miniature

  "Fine words butter no parsnips."