Skip to main content

No Retreat Legends Winner, Winters SEO

I know I've been down on 40k lately and venting my frustrations to anyone who will listen ... but Winters winning the No Retreat Legends with a mostly first-born list has renewed my faith in 40k. He played top players - who brought top-tier armies - and won, including victories against Lawrence the Spider, Stephen Box, and Adrian from TT Titans.

David beat Goliath(s) and I've never been happier for someone else to win a few games of 40k! Flat Cap Legion!



Also, big love to SN Battle Reports for staging such an epic event. Well done and I hope to travel to Gibraltar for a No Retreat tournament someday.

Here's his video explaining his army, tactics, and thoughts behind his list. 



Here's his list:

WINTERS SEO ++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [87 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts] ++ Deathwing Vanguard Detachment [3CP] Detachment Command Cost [-3CP] + Stratagems [-1CP] + Stratagem: Honoured by the Rock [-1CP] + HQ [-1CP] + Interrogator-Chaplain [-1CP]: 3. Exhortation of Rage, 4. Mantra of Strength, Astartes Chainsword, Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity, Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack, Litany of Hate, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter [-1CP], Teeth of Terra, Wise Orator + Elites [-1CP] + Bladeguard Veteran Squad . 4x Bladeguard Veteran . Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant Bladeguard Veteran Squad . 5x Bladeguard Veteran . Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant Deathwing Apothecary [-1CP]: 1-3. Watched, Chapter Command: Chief Apothecary, Selfless Healer, Storm bolter, Stratagem: Paragon of the Chapter [-1CP], Warlord Deathwing Terminator Squad: Watcher in the Dark . Deathwing Sergeant: Lightning Claw (Pair) 4x Deathwing Terminator . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter, Power Fist . Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Chainfist 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Power Fist Deathwing Terminator Squad: Watcher in the Dark . Deathwing Sergeant: Lightning Claw (Pair) 4x Deathwing Terminator . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter, Power Fist . Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Chainfist 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Power Fist
Deathwing Terminator Squad: Watcher in the Dark . Deathwing Sergeant: Lightning Claw (Pair) 4x Deathwing Terminator . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter, Power Fist . Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Chainfist 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Power Fist Deathwing Terminator Squad: Watcher in the Dark . Deathwing Sergeant: Lightning Claw (Pair) 4x Deathwing Terminator . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter, Power Fist . Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Chainfist 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Power Fist

Deathwing Terminator Squad: . Deathwing Sergeant: Lightning Claw (Pair) 4x Deathwing Terminator . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter, Power Fist . Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Chainfist 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Power Fist Deathwing Terminator Squad: Watcher in the Dark . Deathwing Sergeant: Lightning Claw (Pair) 4x Deathwing Terminator . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter, Power Fist . Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Chainfist 2x Deathwing Terminator . . Storm Bolter & Power Fist ++ Total: [87 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts] ++

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...