Skip to main content

Warhammer 40k Community Survey

The fine folks at Games Workshop appear to be listening to informal fan feedback and have created a survey to get formal player feedback on the state of Warhammer 40,000. They posted a link to a survey on the Warhammer Community page and has a few telling questions. 

Among the questions asked are:
How long have you played? 
What type of games, competitive etc?
Points or power level? 
What you enjoy about the game? (Out of the 10 answers available, painting minis isn't an option.)
Where do you shop for games?
Ranking the game's complexity.
Thoughts on building armies. 
Opinions on strategems.

You can take the survey here :

I don't know what info they hope to glean that couldn't be figured out informally from other online feedback but this at least has the appearance of GW doing their diligence to make a game that responds to player's demands/ wishes. I, for one, used the blank, "tell us your thoughts" box to vent. Hopefully there will be some changes to the game that will make it desirable for me to play again, but I do not want to play 40k in th current state it's in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...