Skip to main content

Cargo Containers from Reaper Miniatures

I picked up a bottle of Dirty Down Rust effects and tried it out on some cargo containers from Reaper Miniatures and I love it! The weathering is very realistic and easy to use. You just shake well and apply it where you want rust.
It's faster and easier to apply than other oil-based rust or grime products because it's water based.


The rust effect substance is very gel-like right out of the bottle, but it's water soluble and thins very easily. The gel turns more orange in color the more you thin it and it becomes almost yellow when thinned to a wash consistency. 

It can also be reactivated a couple of hours later. I thought some areas I applied it had some unnatural edges so I used a wet brush to moisten the gel and feather the effect out.

I'm looking forward to adding more realistic rust to my Orks and other terrain projects. 



These cargo containers from Reaper are an excellent replacement or alternative for GW's overpriced boxes. They are the same dimensions and the lids come off for actual storage. They cost about 50-percent less than the James Workshop version.



#dirtydownrust #reaperminiatures #miniaturepainting #miniatureterrain #grimdark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

White Scars Scouts

Due to their habit of breaking into song, these White Scars scouts often find themselves regulated to guarding armored assets during the battle, preventing enemy infiltration to the back line.  #28mm #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #whitescars #in28 #paintingwarhammer40k #paintingwarhammer #warhammercommunity #new40k #spacemarines #astartes