Skip to main content

Battletech Mercinaries Kickstarter

Catalyst Games Lab has recently launched their new Kickstarter for BattleTech: Mercenaries and is smashing those stretch goals like a PPC through a Dodge Dart. As of this writing, Catalyst needed $50,000 to fund the project but with 23 days left in the campaign, they have reached more than $4.5 million! That’s a lot of C-bills.

 


I jumped in at the Recruit level, but I’ll likely buy a lot of the add-ons when I finally check out. Unlike a lot of other Kickstarters I’ve backed, this campaign has added a ton of cool swag to the stretch goals and it really is an incentive for more people to back the project. There are new maps, buttons, patches, “Salvage Boxes” (blind buy boxes of Mechs), challenge coins, novels, a metric $#!+ ton of new mechs and vehicles, t-shirts, comics… and there are tons of options within these choices to pick your favorite faction, clan, or merc group. Take my paycheck. All of it.


Man, it’s a good time to be a BattleTech fan.

Link to KS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...