Skip to main content

1,750 Point Tourney & a new racist

Yesterday I broke out the new Praetorians and took them to a tournament at the Gatekeeper.

1,750 points is an OK limit for the IG. I can easily get my core Troop choices in the list and still have room for the usual tricks. My Blood Angel drop pod army isn't really any good until 1,850 and I had played my Wolves in the last tourney. Plus, I just picked up my favorite flavor of IG so I was thrilled to put my moustachoed models on the table!

Roughly my list:
CCS with grenade launchers (I'm working on some conversions.)
PCS with grenade launchers
30 Man blob with flamers
1 Heavy Weapon squad with las cannons
2 Veteran squads, meltas, chimeras
2 Hydras
2 Basilisks
1Leman Russ (stock)
1 Vendetta
1 Defense line (no gun)

My first opponent was a new guy to the area and he brought his orks. We played the long ways on the table and my barrage weapons were eating him up. However, we only got to the top of turn 4 and he held two more objectives than me for the win. I feel like he slow played to keep me from getting another turn. Before the tournament he made an announcement that as the new guy, he hoped no-one would be a douche to him so I gave him the benefit of the doubt...

My second game was against JP and his Tau. He turtled up on a sky shield and I was able to slowly plunk him off for a victory.

My third game was against another IG player who got to go first. I made the mistake of not putting my hydras in reserve and the first thing he took out was my anti-aircraft shooting. By the time his three vendettas came on the board, I didn't have much left. Terrain was a bit cramped for me as well and I was forced to be bundled up in one area.

1 and 2 but I had a good time.

The new guy making his announcement about not being a douche should have been a warning. I eavesdropped in on his other games (it wasn't hard because he shouted a lot) and most of his dialog centered around the word, "douche." He made it to the final table and I could hear him calling Marshall's army, "douche" frequently. As the game wore on, he started calling models, "jews." At one point, he event said he was going to, "paint a star of David" on a model.

If that guy come back, we're going to have a stern talk about what's acceptable behavior. One peep of anything slightly racist out of him and he's banned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...