Skip to main content

A Very British Civil War

One of the games that I've been obsesed with, yet can't find an opponent to play is, "1938: A Very British Civil War" from Solway Crafts and Miniatures.

Panzerkaput at Blog Spot describes it as:
VBCW or Very British Civil War is an alternative history created by Messers Jones, Mortimore and Douglas and published by Solway Crafts and Miniatures.

In this scenario Edward VIII refuses to abdicate triggering a constitutional crisis which divides the nation and results in Civil war. As a result instead of going to war in Europe Britain is facing a very British crisis.

 This is just up my alley! British, alternate history, fighting fascists, mustaches...

Basically, Edward the 8th marries his American girlfriend, does not give up the throne and the United Kingdom splits at the seams into civil war. The loyalists to Edward join up with the goosesteppers in Germany, the Reactionaries take up arms to oppose him and support Parliament, the Anglican church doesn't seem to like either side, and an endless list of republics and groups are formed in the middle; who are all fighting to keep the peace. Even groups like unions of miners, or cricket teams join the fight.

It's also open ended to let players create their own bit of history, units, vehicles, and scenarios.

The fine bloggers at Edinburgh Wargames seem to begrudgingly enjoy the setting and have posted some great battle reports.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

White Scars Scouts

Due to their habit of breaking into song, these White Scars scouts often find themselves regulated to guarding armored assets during the battle, preventing enemy infiltration to the back line.  #28mm #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #whitescars #in28 #paintingwarhammer40k #paintingwarhammer #warhammercommunity #new40k #spacemarines #astartes