Skip to main content

Logan Wing List

I've been list building for a 2,500 point tournament coming up in October. I'm either going to play my IG, Wolves or Blood Angels.

Out of my armies that are in playable condition, the current meta suggests I should run IG with some Wolf allies but I detest allies so I'm going to play a pure list - I just haven't made up my mind which one yet.

 My IG would be fairly standard, lots of mech, lots of troops with a sizable psyker unit that usually catches my opponents off guard. I haven't played them since 5th because I can't cast while in a chimera anymore.

My Blood Angels dreadnought/drop pod army is a lot of fun, but I had an idea to field 30 Death Company with power weapons and power fists. I know they are expensive, but not much can stand up to that... except a lot of barrage weapons first turn.

However, I think I'm going to try the Logan Wing list. Here's roughly what I've got on paper now.

*Logan
*Run priest - Jaws, Living Lightening
*Wolf Priest

*13 Blood Claws
*4 Wolf Guard Termie units in drop pods:
1 Power Sword
1 Power Claws
1 Power Fist
2 Thunder hammers

*Landraider Crusader
* 2 units of Long Fangs - all missile launchers

*Defence line with gun

The Blood Claws and Priest ride around in the raider, trying to beat up troops while the drop pods deposit termies where they can do the most damage. My long fangs sit behind the fence and shoot while a long fang sgt. shoots the incepting gun. My priest is the wild-card and will bounce around trying to jaws/lightening/force weapon things to death.

It seems a bit short on numbers, but I'm hoping that I can get the first strike off. Usually my opponents will turtle up against this many drop pods and that will help the rest of my army pick their targets a little easier.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

White Scars Scouts

Due to their habit of breaking into song, these White Scars scouts often find themselves regulated to guarding armored assets during the battle, preventing enemy infiltration to the back line.  #28mm #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #whitescars #in28 #paintingwarhammer40k #paintingwarhammer #warhammercommunity #new40k #spacemarines #astartes