Skip to main content

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events. 

I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k?

Here are a few of my ideas:

Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones



Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson


Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath


Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash

Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC

World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn


Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines


Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries



Alpha Legion: Pretender - Foo Fighters


Adeptes Custodes: Club Foot - Kasabian


Ultramarines: Without Me - Eminem


Salamanders: Firestarter - Prodigy


Blood Angels: Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters

Blood Angels: Death Company: X Gon' Give it to Ya - DMX


Space Wolves: Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin 


White Scars: Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf

Dark Angels: Carry on my Wayward Son - Kansas



Raven Guard: Blue Monday - New Order/Orgy


Sisters of Battle: Black Betty - Ram Jam



Astra Millitarum/ Imperial Guard: 7 Nation Army - White Stripes


Adeptus Mechanicus: Harder Better Faster - Daft Punk


The Eldar races are getting the My Chemical Romance treatment

Asuryani: Helena - My Chemical Romance

Drukhari: I'm Not OK - My Chemical Romance

Ynnari: Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

Harlequins: Na Na Na - My Chemical Romance

Orks: Sabotage - Beastie Boys

Necrons: Bring Me to Life - Evanescence


Genestealer Cults: Bullet with Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins


Tyranids: La Cucaracha


Tau: Barney Theme Song


Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for the armies I've missed!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

White Scars Scouts

Due to their habit of breaking into song, these White Scars scouts often find themselves regulated to guarding armored assets during the battle, preventing enemy infiltration to the back line.  #28mm #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #whitescars #in28 #paintingwarhammer40k #paintingwarhammer #warhammercommunity #new40k #spacemarines #astartes