Skip to main content

X-Files CCG Revisited

The 90s were a great time for the gaming industry, including the birth of the collectable card format. Companies were vying to make the next Magic the Gathering and licensing properties like Star Trek, Star Wars, Highlander, and other pop culture/ nerd culture properties to cash in on a fanbase hungry for collectables and gaming. One CCG was based on one of my favorite TV shows, the X-Files.

I recently reread a Kevin J. Anderson X-Files novel, and feeling a little nostalgic, I dug around for my old X-Files ccg cards, but a lot of time has past since 1996 and they couldn't be found. So, eBay to the rescue! 



Oh man, this brought back some memories!

For those who have never played, or even heard of it, the X-Files ccg plays like a game of Clue where investigators move to locations, solve challenges to ask opponent's questions about an X-File they have selected. 


Of course, the game features images, characters, locations, and themes from the first two seasons of the show.

I tried talking my wife into playing, but she has  no interest, so I started sorting cards into a binder (alien green) and crossing cards off my checklist. I hope that I can track down a full set. It's been a nice little distraction from mini games.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

White Scars Scouts

Due to their habit of breaking into song, these White Scars scouts often find themselves regulated to guarding armored assets during the battle, preventing enemy infiltration to the back line.  #28mm #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #whitescars #in28 #paintingwarhammer40k #paintingwarhammer #warhammercommunity #new40k #spacemarines #astartes