Skip to main content

New Custom Chapter

Homebrew space marine chapter


Chapter Name: Gargoyles

Founding Chapter: Unknown - White Scars and Alpha Legion are rumored.

Founding: Ultima Founding

Home world: KS-34

Colors: Light Blue and Black

Specialty: Orbital Strike

Strength: Unknown, believed to be less than 1,000 battle brothers

Fortress Monastery:

Battle cry: Morior iinvictu (Death before defeat!)


Description:

The Gargoyles are a loyalist Adeptus Astartes chapter who are suspected to be a successor chapter of the White Scars or possibly Alpha Legion geneseed. The battle brothers of the Gargoyles won't reveal their true origins, however, they are believed to be recruited from hive cities, like Necromunda.

The Gargoyles specialize in void combat and orbital strike tactics. They prefer quick interdiction and often aim to strike an enemy commanders as their first point of attack. To this end, the Chapter utilizes drop pod assault, terminator deep strike, and other fast moving vehicles to, "fall on their opponents like rain."

---

This is my first test model of my custom/homebrew Space Marine chapter, the Gargoyles. (I wrote more about them on my blog if you want to read some fluff.)

I'm in love this color scheme and subtle conversion.  

I feel like I need an adhock Space Marine chapter that can absorb all of my surviving Space Marine models after the first born marines are removed from the new codex. I'll keep my Salamanders, Wolves, and my Deathwing (maybe) but my Scars, Flesh Tearers, Astral Claws, Templars and other spare models will get painted in the Gargoyle scheme. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...