Skip to main content

40k Imperial Knights


Here's a WIP shot of my Imperial Knights; Errant, Paladin, and Crusader.

I have most of the colors blocked out and I'll move on to weathering, shading and dirt after I finish the last of the leg grieves and pads.

However, it turns out, I don't really like playing Imperial Knights.

I've been running just three with a librarian coven on bikes to give them invisibility and any other support telepathy can offer. It's a gross combo, but it's just not fun to play. In maelstrom missions, I actually do ok, or at least I've been pretty lucky with my draws.

Obviously, the librarians are the first to bite the dust. I did have a single psyker jink his way past 14-15 wounds in a row in a game last night. He finally fell after the third round of shooting attacks, but I wouldn't say that three lords of war and an overpowered formation fit my play style.

I like troops. I like lots of troops.

I think if I field these again, I'll just use them as support for my IG, Marines, or upcoming AdMech.

Comments

  1. I was at a tournament in the UK that was allowing up to 3 Knights for the first time. A lot of the Knight players said they would not run them again as their games were simply no fun.
    I know I have never enjoyed facing them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...