The guys at the store and I thought that they would be a quick and easy to paint unit that is also in high demand that could fetch a nice price.
Kraig did all of the early work by clipping and sanding the models. I primed and painted.
As a test to see how quickly I could paint, wash, and seal a good looking unit and be able to flip them for a high price - I'd consider it a bit of a failure.
Even using horrible silver primer, pre-bottled washes, and keeping an eye on the clock, I don't think I can paint fast enough to justify the time and expense for the the price we got at auction. Just the time I spent on painting, we got back less than minimum wage. Factor in the cost of the models, supplies and Kraig's time sanding and we were probably in the hole.
However, we did learn a lesson.