Skip to main content

I say!

Anyone who knows me, knows that most of my favorite things are British, including the Zulu Wars themed (and festooned with pith helmets) Imperial Guard army - the Praetorians.

I had a Praetorian army when the Armageddon book was first released but due to a shortage of funds and mounting student loan payments, I sold them off. It was one of the worst decisions in my war gaming career. I'm known to have ADD when it comes to army selection and I regularly buy and trade away armies but losing my Praetorians was a huge mistake.

Afterword, I bitched. I moaned. I whined to anyone who would listen. I loved those models. I loved to field them, I loved to paint them. I would even use my various English accents as I played them to the consternation of my opponents.

It turns out, they are quite popular and there weren't a lot of the models made. Anyone with a middle-school economics understanding knows that makes these models expensive. So pricey, you could spell expen$ive with a dollar sign.


I've been on the hunt for replacements for years, but single trooper models were going for as much as $10 - $15. I already have a large Valhallan force and growing Squat IG army but for my birthday this year, I treated myself when a lot of moustachoed metal men appeared on eBay.

I checked the auction nearly daily and sat online as the minutes winded down. In the last two minutes, there was a furious flood of bids to lay claim to the models. In the end, I was the victor and I now had the base for a sizable IG army - unpainted as well!


I've been picking up a few more overpriced models along the way to help fill things out as I need, like melta guns and I've been plotting a few conversions to get the list up to snuff.

I have decided that this will be my masterpiece army. Not only will I paint each and every troop model to a high standard, I will also build the strongest and fiercest IG list possible. These are the models I always wish I played, so this is my Moby Dick.


Comments

  1. have a sneaking suspicion that you might have out bid me for these, but alas

    as us brits say, 'who dares wins' right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can rest assured, I'll do my best with these!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

Turnip28 Miniature

  "Fine words butter no parsnips."