Skip to main content

Blood Angels!

As I've mentioned before, I really, really want to repaint my Blood Angels as Flesh Tearers. I've stripped the paint off all of my BA models, primed many of them, and now I'm in the process of repainting them as the 5th Company. I probably should wait to until the new codex drops and I can pick the best chapter to paint them as but I love death company and dreadnoughts so the Flesh Tearers makes the most sense. Heck, I've even made an emblem on Call of Duty WWII of the FT buzzsaw symbol.

I've recently switched day jobs and I've been too busy traveling and working the new gig that I haven't had any time to play let alone paint but the Thanksgiving holiday gave me a little time to work on some models.

For the past two days, I've pulled up a TV tray and applied base coats to my Dark Eldar and Flesh Tearers while I watched TV.


Actually, this is a bad idea.

I must have ADD because I just can't focus enough on football or painting to make either really enjoyable. I do much better when I can sit on my desk, maybe listen to an online battle report, and just keep my eyes on the model and not worry if the Chiefs are going to drop another pass or if the Minons are going to say, "bananas" and make me laugh.

I'm pretty excited for the new Blood Angels and I've got the new codex and tactical objective cards on preorder at my FLGS - along with the new Chapter Approved index.

What do I want from the new codex? The list is short:
1. Primaris versions of Death Company.
2. Primaris assault troops.
3. Chapter tactics for the BA successor chapters.
4. Sanguinious.

Here's my wish list for the BA chapter tactics.

Blood Angels - Re-roll 1s in the fight phase
Flesh Tearers - +1 attack on the charge
Blood Drinkers - 6+ FNP
Angels Vermilion - Reroll charges.
Angels Encarmine - Opponents have -1 to hit at 12" or greater
Angels Sanguine -  Charge after falling back.

I know those aren't very well written, but that about as complex as we usually get in our gaming group when we describe our armies to each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

Turnip28 Miniature

  "Fine words butter no parsnips."

RTT Tournament results!

  I played in a small RTT in Holton today and went 2-1, finishing 5th and beat one of the top players in our conference! (I sqeaked by with a 1-point victory...) I may have been able to beat my second opponent if had I made better selections for secondary objectives. In hindsight, I could have easily won but no matter how I plan for games on paper, there's no better teacher than experience.  I'm tuning up my list for the Bugeater Grand Tournament next month in Omaha and I think I'm getting close to my final list. It's not anything really nasty, but it's just solid, durable units. I'm digging it.