Skip to main content

Blood Angels!

As I've mentioned before, I really, really want to repaint my Blood Angels as Flesh Tearers. I've stripped the paint off all of my BA models, primed many of them, and now I'm in the process of repainting them as the 5th Company. I probably should wait to until the new codex drops and I can pick the best chapter to paint them as but I love death company and dreadnoughts so the Flesh Tearers makes the most sense. Heck, I've even made an emblem on Call of Duty WWII of the FT buzzsaw symbol.

I've recently switched day jobs and I've been too busy traveling and working the new gig that I haven't had any time to play let alone paint but the Thanksgiving holiday gave me a little time to work on some models.

For the past two days, I've pulled up a TV tray and applied base coats to my Dark Eldar and Flesh Tearers while I watched TV.


Actually, this is a bad idea.

I must have ADD because I just can't focus enough on football or painting to make either really enjoyable. I do much better when I can sit on my desk, maybe listen to an online battle report, and just keep my eyes on the model and not worry if the Chiefs are going to drop another pass or if the Minons are going to say, "bananas" and make me laugh.

I'm pretty excited for the new Blood Angels and I've got the new codex and tactical objective cards on preorder at my FLGS - along with the new Chapter Approved index.

What do I want from the new codex? The list is short:
1. Primaris versions of Death Company.
2. Primaris assault troops.
3. Chapter tactics for the BA successor chapters.
4. Sanguinious.

Here's my wish list for the BA chapter tactics.

Blood Angels - Re-roll 1s in the fight phase
Flesh Tearers - +1 attack on the charge
Blood Drinkers - 6+ FNP
Angels Vermilion - Reroll charges.
Angels Encarmine - Opponents have -1 to hit at 12" or greater
Angels Sanguine -  Charge after falling back.

I know those aren't very well written, but that about as complex as we usually get in our gaming group when we describe our armies to each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...