Skip to main content

Tournament Recap

Yesterday, I played in a nice 18-person RTT in Kansas City (nay, Independence) at the Games Cafe, run by Away Games.

I neglected to take any pictures, but Away Games run amazing tournaments and every table has pro painted terrain from Big Bear 3D and uses the GW Open terrain rules and placement. *Chef's kiss* I'll post some of their pics when they get them posted. 

I brought a slightly altered version of my Deathwing list that included a unit of Incursors. The Incursors are there to help earn a few precious secondary points from Stubborn Defiance. Without a scouting unit, Dark Angels can only score 10 out of 15 points in that secondary and I thought they would be able to see me through. However, 5 primaris guys are easy to kill in the current meta and in one mission, you can forward deploy so they were kind of a bust. I would have been better off not bringing them, keeping my 2 command points, and not trying to score any Dark Angel or Space Marine secondaries. I need to stick to Raise the Banners High, Grind them Down, and then wildcard my last secondary. 

Space marine Incursors


In the first round, I played an Ultamarine list with Guilliman. I won 84-69, but it was actually kind of closer than the score reflects. 

In the second round, I was wiped out in turn 5 by Necrons and the 3 C'tan list. They scored all of the points, dropped mortal wounds from the stars, and had their way with my army. Ug. 

In my third game, I drew with Joe and his Genestealer Cult army I played in a GT not to long ago. Great game and we added up the points twice to make sure. (We should have checked one more time... I mistakenly marked a point down that I shouldn't have but Joe caught it.)

1-1-1.

There was some great news at the end though, I won best painted! That made my day! 

Painting award

I think I'm going to focus on my Wolves for the time being. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

Turnip28 Miniature

  "Fine words butter no parsnips."