Skip to main content

RTT Tournament Results

This last weekend I took my Eldar "big boy" list to a Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader Tournament just north of where I live. 


Warhammer 40k battle


The organizers scheduled it long before Pariah Nexus and new FAQs were announced and decided to keep the missions and rules for Leviathan even though they were just released. Because of the hype for Pariah Nexus and the new Balance Data Slate, a lot of players dropped and skipped the whole event.

I thought it would be fun to bring my double Wraithknight and Yncarne list to try my luck and see what happens. It needs a little luck when drawing tactical objectives because it struggles scoring primary. Long story short, it's fun but not a great tournament list. 

My list:  
Eldar (2000 points)

Aeldari
Strike Force (2000 points)
Battle Host


CHARACTERS

Farseer (80 points)
  • 1x Eldritch Storm
    1x Shuriken pistol
    1x Singing spear

Farseer (100 points)
  • 1x Eldritch Storm
    1x Shuriken pistol
    1x Singing spear
  • Enhancement: Reader of the Runes

The Yncarne (350 points)
  • Warlord
  • 1x Swirling soul energy
    1x Vilith-zhar, the Sword of Souls


OTHER DATASHEETS

Rangers (55 points)
  • 5x Ranger
    • 5x Close combat weapon
      5x Ranger long rifle
      5x Shuriken pistol

Rangers (55 points)
  • 5x Ranger
    • 5x Close combat weapon
      5x Ranger long rifle
      5x Shuriken pistol

Support Weapons (135 points)
  • 1x Close combat weapon
    1x D-cannon
    1x Shuriken catapult

Warp Spiders (125 points)
  • 1x Warp Spider Exarch
    • 1x Close combat weapon
      1x Death spinner
  • 4x Warp Spider
    • 4x Close combat weapon
      4x Death spinner

Windriders (80 points)
  • 3x Windrider
    • 3x Close combat weapon
      3x Twin shuriken catapult

Wraithknight (510 points)
  • 1x Heavy wraithcannon
    1x Heavy wraithcannon
    2x Starcannon
    1x Titanic feet

Wraithknight (510 points)
  • 1x Heavy wraithcannon
    1x Heavy wraithcannon
    2x Starcannon
    1x Titanic feet

Exported with App Version: v1.17.0 (45), Data Version: v430

Spoiler alert- it didn't go well!

My first match was against a great Dark Eldar list (and great player too!) I set up to go first, as my usual strategy for this list, and I got pantsed! I didn't score a single point and I was tabled by turn 3. 100-10

My second match was against a newer player from way out of town who brought a slightly different Drukhari list. I faired better, but lost 81-43. 

In game three, I faced a brand new player with his Squat, nay Leagues of Votann, army. I barely won 73 to 63 and had my name added to the book of Grudges. I could have easily lost this game too but I had a good draw and was able to score cards when I pulled them from the tactical deck. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

RTT Tournament results!

  I played in a small RTT in Holton today and went 2-1, finishing 5th and beat one of the top players in our conference! (I sqeaked by with a 1-point victory...) I may have been able to beat my second opponent if had I made better selections for secondary objectives. In hindsight, I could have easily won but no matter how I plan for games on paper, there's no better teacher than experience.  I'm tuning up my list for the Bugeater Grand Tournament next month in Omaha and I think I'm getting close to my final list. It's not anything really nasty, but it's just solid, durable units. I'm digging it.