Skip to main content

Logan Wing List

I've been list building for a 2,500 point tournament coming up in October. I'm either going to play my IG, Wolves or Blood Angels.

Out of my armies that are in playable condition, the current meta suggests I should run IG with some Wolf allies but I detest allies so I'm going to play a pure list - I just haven't made up my mind which one yet.

 My IG would be fairly standard, lots of mech, lots of troops with a sizable psyker unit that usually catches my opponents off guard. I haven't played them since 5th because I can't cast while in a chimera anymore.

My Blood Angels dreadnought/drop pod army is a lot of fun, but I had an idea to field 30 Death Company with power weapons and power fists. I know they are expensive, but not much can stand up to that... except a lot of barrage weapons first turn.

However, I think I'm going to try the Logan Wing list. Here's roughly what I've got on paper now.

*Logan
*Run priest - Jaws, Living Lightening
*Wolf Priest

*13 Blood Claws
*4 Wolf Guard Termie units in drop pods:
1 Power Sword
1 Power Claws
1 Power Fist
2 Thunder hammers

*Landraider Crusader
* 2 units of Long Fangs - all missile launchers

*Defence line with gun

The Blood Claws and Priest ride around in the raider, trying to beat up troops while the drop pods deposit termies where they can do the most damage. My long fangs sit behind the fence and shoot while a long fang sgt. shoots the incepting gun. My priest is the wild-card and will bounce around trying to jaws/lightening/force weapon things to death.

It seems a bit short on numbers, but I'm hoping that I can get the first strike off. Usually my opponents will turtle up against this many drop pods and that will help the rest of my army pick their targets a little easier.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

Turnip28 Miniature

  "Fine words butter no parsnips."

RTT Tournament results!

  I played in a small RTT in Holton today and went 2-1, finishing 5th and beat one of the top players in our conference! (I sqeaked by with a 1-point victory...) I may have been able to beat my second opponent if had I made better selections for secondary objectives. In hindsight, I could have easily won but no matter how I plan for games on paper, there's no better teacher than experience.  I'm tuning up my list for the Bugeater Grand Tournament next month in Omaha and I think I'm getting close to my final list. It's not anything really nasty, but it's just solid, durable units. I'm digging it.