Skip to main content

Bolt Action Web Sites

There are a handful useful Bolt Action Web sites out there, but here are a couple I enjoy reading.

First is the the Demo Gamers. They have an infectious way of writing battle reports and blog entries that makes me want to play more and write more about my games.

Another useful site is boltaction.easyarmy.com There you can build just about any Bolt Action army list you need to play a game. It uses simple check boxes to generate an army list, with all of the options so don't have to do any math, and it creates an easy to read army list. I haven't tried it on my phone yet, but that would be super handy for casual play and pick up games (not that Bolt Action lists are difficult to assemble.)


Even though my army was not painted, I couldn't wait any longer to play with my early war Brits so my buddy Russ and I duked it out on the field of battle this past weekend.

As you can see in the picture, I used the cool battle mat from Frontline Gaming to cover our 6x4 table and added a bunch of yet-to-be-painted houses and buildings from Plasticville to set the scene.




We played two quick 500 point games and I had hot dice in both games. Unfortunately for Russ, I also had great draws from the bag when it came to unit selection.

I won't go into great detail, but I won both games. In both instances, my regular infantry had a hard time wounding Russ's veteran Germans, but with enough pin markers, even the best troops have a hard time passing leadership tests and I kept the German advance in check.

My MVP would go to either my FOO or my Bren carrier with two Bren LMGs. When my FOO called in the artillery, I caused lots of casualties and added 6 pin markers in both games (hot dice.) The Bren carrier also hit quite often, adding pin markers all over the field to keep the Germans from doing much. I also fielded a mortar, probably for the last time. Neither of us had much luck with them and they seem to be a waste of points.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

RTT Tournament results!

  I played in a small RTT in Holton today and went 2-1, finishing 5th and beat one of the top players in our conference! (I sqeaked by with a 1-point victory...) I may have been able to beat my second opponent if had I made better selections for secondary objectives. In hindsight, I could have easily won but no matter how I plan for games on paper, there's no better teacher than experience.  I'm tuning up my list for the Bugeater Grand Tournament next month in Omaha and I think I'm getting close to my final list. It's not anything really nasty, but it's just solid, durable units. I'm digging it.