Skip to main content

Color Schemes and Shout Outs

With my army A.D.D., I’m constantly dreaming up of new paint schemes and army theme ideas. Space Marines and Imperial Guard (nay Astra Militarum) are the usual suspects to be converted to some sort of idea that I’ve dreamed up like GI Joe, Star Trek, comic book characters, cartoon characters, 1950s style space heroes etc. Every time I’m picking up the brush, I’m daydreaming about yet another scheme I can paint for another army.

Bolter and Chainsword has a handy tool to help flush out some ideas and paint schemes so I have to actually paint up a test mini and then strip it when it doesn’t work out.



This doesn’t help with any conversions, but it does help visualize how some paint colors will look on a model.  I wish they had a Dark Eldar version because I’d like to try out a “Joker” themed list and I could use some visualization help. Purple bodies, white skin, green hair… I’d even paint Joker grins on the front of Venoms and bozo circles on the sails of the Ravagers and raiders.

I’ve also been tempted to paint up a small Cadian ally group as 1950s space heroes to help out my Adeptus Mechanicus and I think I may go with this green and white style scheme.


Speaking of the retro space heroes, Retro Raygun has a fantastic catalog of atomic age minis.





I adore 1950s atomic age space pulp fiction and I’m fascinated with the Retro Raygun line of minis, however, I’ve never played their game. I can usually talk one of my buddies into playing an “off game” (meaning: not Warhammer) every once in a while, but I have to buy the models for both armies.

I’d love to try it Retro Raygun but I know that I’d get more playtime with the minis if I proxy them as something from Warhammer 40k. I’m tempted to place an order so I can field 1,850 points of Galacteers that are perfect for Astra Militarum and Valkeeri that would make awesome Dark Eldar or Eldar proxies.



They also have robots that would make good Necrons or Admech... better warm up that credit card.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

RTT Tournament results!

  I played in a small RTT in Holton today and went 2-1, finishing 5th and beat one of the top players in our conference! (I sqeaked by with a 1-point victory...) I may have been able to beat my second opponent if had I made better selections for secondary objectives. In hindsight, I could have easily won but no matter how I plan for games on paper, there's no better teacher than experience.  I'm tuning up my list for the Bugeater Grand Tournament next month in Omaha and I think I'm getting close to my final list. It's not anything really nasty, but it's just solid, durable units. I'm digging it.