Skip to main content

Warzone

Of all of the miniature war games that I have played, Warzone is one of my favorites.

Based on, "The Mutant Chronicles," Warzone is a skirmish level game set in the future where the nations of the world have developed into plant-spanning corporations - plus, add a religious inquisition, an unaligned technarchy, and corrupted mutant/alien horrors and you have a backdrop for a well designed mini game.

Warzone used D20s and unit-by-unit activation that I really liked. For some reason, the D20s made simple math hard and we often found ourselves quickly throwing dice, then trying to add modifiers and figuring out if our role was successful. Also, due to the 20 small faces on the die, sometimes a tricky flick of the wrist could result in a long wait for the outcome of a critical roll as the die spun!

I mostly played Mishima, the Japanese themed army, but I also had a slightly smaller Capital army, as well as the British themed Imperials. I'm tempted to start sorting through boxes in the garage to see if I still have any models!

The leaked images of the new Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard  (nay, Militarium Tempestus) Scion unit reminds of the Imperial corporation army from Warzone. I write that as a high compliment because of my love for Warzone.

Images from 40kWarzone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

RTT Tournament results!

  I played in a small RTT in Holton today and went 2-1, finishing 5th and beat one of the top players in our conference! (I sqeaked by with a 1-point victory...) I may have been able to beat my second opponent if had I made better selections for secondary objectives. In hindsight, I could have easily won but no matter how I plan for games on paper, there's no better teacher than experience.  I'm tuning up my list for the Bugeater Grand Tournament next month in Omaha and I think I'm getting close to my final list. It's not anything really nasty, but it's just solid, durable units. I'm digging it.