Skip to main content

Small Parts

games workshopI'm more than excited for the new Ad Mech err... Adeptus Mechanicus codex coming out soon.

For the first time in the two decades that I've been miniature gaming, I snagged one of the limited edition codexes from Games Workshop. I was never to grab either of the White Scar or Salamander limited edition codexes for 6th and 7th edition and I actually yelled, "Yes!" when I saw that GW had some of the Omnisiah editions still available.


I also picked up a box of Kastelan Robots to bolster my forces. Since I built my ad mech (the Pilgrims of Erudition) around the War Host Convocation, I never picked up the 50s-style robots from space. I know a lot of people don't like the design, but I really dig them... The amount of fire power that two models can dish out with the proper protocols is amazing and I may add two more to my forces.

This afternoon I started putting them together when I ran into one of the more unusual pieces that GW has crafted...

This tiny piece (data drive?) is supposed to inserted into this slot.

kastelan robot model assembly piece chest













I don't know why they made this tiny bit to insert into a slot that is next to three other features that have already been molded onto the model, but OK GW, challenge accepted.


I use my fine snips, delicately sand down the data drive piece, apply the smallest amount of glue ... things are going according to plan. Then I flip the page in the instructions.



What?

Then you are supposed to cover it up?

This bit that I can't figure out why it needs to be two separate pieces gets obscured anyway?

Maybe the modelers are getting paid by the bit?

Oh well. At least I can say my models are complete.








Speaking of small parts...

I haven't post in a while or even played because I have a small part... in a TV broadcast of a 1930s style radio play.

I'm on the left hand side.
I've been part of this troupe for about 7 years and this is my sixth production. We record the show in front of a live studio audience after rehearsing for about a month. Then the show airs locally on our PBS station, then the shows are sold to other PBS stations across the country. Los Angles, Austin, New York... Topeka.

The troupe is called, "The Air Command" and the show is called, "Theatre of the Mind." This year's production is titled, "Curse of the Mummy." Like any theatrical production, it's a large time commitment but it is really a labor of love and I look forward to it every year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Marine Armorium Cherub

Out of all of the horrors in the Warhammer 40k universe, the cherubs creep me out the most... It's one of the most grimdark things in the universe.  #miniaturepainting #paintingwarhammer #grimdark #warhammercommunity #armoriumcherub #spacemarines #astartes #adeptusastartes #new40k

Warhammer 40k Primarch Rumors

There's are a couple of rumors floating around from Games Workshop about new Warhammer 40k rules and models releases; as well as major changes to the fluff. Rumor 1: All of the Primarchs will return, including the dead. Rumor 2: One of the traitor Primarchs will become a loyalist and one of the Imperial loyalists will become a traitor. I got into a discussion with some people on a thread on Spiky Bits' Facebook page about it and here are my theories. The Emperor will briefly return, only to be killed again. Once he finally dies, all of the pysker souls he's been consuming on the golden throne will coalesce and bring all of the dead primarchs back to life. The missing primarachs will rush back to Holy Terra like moths to a flame. Of course, this means both Horus and Sanguinius have returned as well. Horus will see the results of his actions and will repent his wicked ways, blame Ebrus/Logar and the Word Bearers for tricking him into corruption and turn to the sid

Turnip28 Miniature

  "Fine words butter no parsnips."