Skip to main content

Play testing Space Wolves for tournament play

I've been putting my Space Wolves through the paces, trying to fine tune them for tournament play, perhaps taking them to the 40k US Open in Kansas City or the LVO.

I've been using the successor chapter tactics of Warded and Whirlwind of Rage instead of the basic Wolf chapter tactics. With so many psychic armies, along with Necrons and Sisters who hand out mortal wounds like Halloween candy, the 5+ has helped so much. Plus, exploding 6s in hand to hand is massive, when combined with the +1 to wound strat.

Though, I do miss Murderfang since you can't take him in successor armies. He may be the most killy model in the army - mostly because he catches everyone off guard with the volume of attacks. 

I never noticed it much with my Dark Angels, but the Wolves really feel the crunch from the fewer CPs in Nephilim missions. The DA have two decent strats but there's a lot more that I would like to use with the dog boys. 

We'll see how the rumored updated data slate changes the game before I make any decisions on the KC Open. Maybe because it's Halloween season, but I'm feeling like werewolf vikings might be more fun than knights. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...