Skip to main content

Midwest ConQuest Practice - Double Stompa List!



The Midwest ConQuest is one of my favorite local Warhammer 40k Grand Tournaments. I attend (almost) every year and usually have a great time. 

Due to the lame-duck status of Warhammer 40k 10th edition, none of my usual gaming friends are going and I'll be flying solo. They just want to, "play with the new rules." It turns out, they are the lame ducks!

I was tempted to play my Blood Angels, my strongest tournment army, or perhaps my Salamanders, but I thought that since I dont really have a prayer of winning, I should bring something fun. And I love a meme army.

So, double stompa Orks it is!
An ork army with two stompas for Warhammer 40k.

I haven't come up with a good name for the list yet, but here's what I'm bringing. 

Ork Stompa (1995 points)

Orks
Strike Force (2000 points)
More Dakka!


CHARACTERS

Mek (45 points)
  • Warlord
  • 1x Killsaw
    1x Kustom mega-slugga

Mek (45 points)
  • 1x Killsaw
    1x Kustom mega-slugga


BATTLELINE

Boyz (80 points)
  • 9x Boy
    • 9x Choppa
      9x Slugga
  • 1x Boss Nob
    • 1x Power klaw
      1x Slugga

Boyz (80 points)
  • 9x Boy
    • 9x Choppa
      9x Slugga
  • 1x Boss Nob
    • 1x Power klaw
      1x Slugga


OTHER DATASHEETS

Gretchin (40 points)
  • 10x Gretchin
    • 10x Close combat weapon
      10x Grot blasta
  • 1x Runtherd
    • 1x Runtherd tools
      1x Slugga

Gretchin (40 points)
  • 10x Gretchin
    • 10x Close combat weapon
      10x Grot blasta
  • 1x Runtherd
    • 1x Runtherd tools
      1x Slugga

Stompa (800 points)
  • 3x Big shoota
    1x Deffkannon
    1x Mega-choppa
    1x Skorcha
    1x Supa-gatler
    1x Supa-rokkits
    1x Twin big shoota

Stompa (800 points)
  • 3x Big shoota
    1x Deffkannon
    1x Mega-choppa
    1x Skorcha
    1x Supa-gatler
    1x Supa-rokkits
    1x Twin big shoota

Stormboyz (65 points)
  • 4x Stormboy
    • 4x Choppa
      4x Slugga
  • 1x Boss Nob
    • 1x Power klaw
      1x Slugga

Exported with App Version: v1.52.0 (118), Data Version: v771

In my one test game (I know, I know), the More Dakka detachment is fantastic! The Stompas have so many shots that it really pays off every turn. Boosting the big guys with a Mek is also key, and the ability to always go into a second, third,  fourth, or fifth Waaagh is clutch! It's fun to play with one Stompa, and two Stompas is even better.

It's hard to move out of my deployment zone and the low model count sucks for scoring points, but the list is dead killy. I expect to finish with a 1-5 record, but I'll have the best time my little Grot heart can handle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ork Mekboy Conversion

My Stompa needs a Mekboy to follow it around, so I made this simple conversion from my bits box. Since the GW model is out of stock,  I could only find a mek boy for $60 on eBay and this hobby is expensive enough. Besides, I think he looks cooler than the GW stock model, but let me know what you think!  #warhammercommunity #orks40k #orks #28mm #Warhammer40k #waaagh #dakka #conversion

Goblin Hobbies Stamping Kit First Attempt

I recently purchased the Goblin Hobbies Stampin' Kit after seeing the ads and how-to videos online. Brent from Goobertown Hobbies made it look super easy and I thought this could be the answer to painting clean Lamenters shoulder pads and eliminating the need for decals on other models. When the kit arrived, I gleefully started stamping some paper napkins in my kitchen. My early stamps weren't that great, but it was on paper and I was recklessly splogging nail polish everywhere so I wasn't worried about neatness or finesse or my success. After watching a few more tutorials and some nail art tutorials, I made some earnest attempts to make some new battleshock counters for my Blood Angels. This is how it went.  As you can see, I didn't get the same awesome results as the showcase videos. I fiddled sounds for about an hour until the acetone fumes got to me, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't getting clean prints, even on these flat wooden counters.  Obviously, I str...

Warhammer 40k Army Theme Songs

Ever since I was a wee lad first dipping my toes into miniature wargaming, I've always "sung along" while I played. While some players jiggle their dice, some pull their tape measure out and let it drop back in, but I've always had background music in my head and I tunelessly hum songs that match the armies on the table to the current events.  I'm also a big baseball fan and my friends and I would discuss our "walkup music" - the song that gets played over the stadium when you walk up to bat. Wrestlers have it. Comedians have it. James Bond has it. Why not Warhammer 40k? Here are a few of my ideas: Sons of Horus: Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Emperor's Children - Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson Iron Warriors: Ironman - Black Sabbath Thousand Sons: I Fought the Law - the Clash Nightlords: Thunderstuck AC/DC World Eaters: Freak on a Leash - Korn Word Bearers: Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Marines Death Guard: Zombie - the Cranberries Alpha...